Sunday, November 11, 2007

World War I Military Records --
Great Britain and Canada



Did your ancestor serve in World War I with a British or Canadian Regiment? If so, check out the following links to the appropriate national archives website.

World War I Military Personnel from British Isles -- If anyone has relatives who served in a British regiment during WWI, check out their information at the British Archives www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ as the pension and service records are online. It is a joint project between Ancestry.co.uk and the British Archives. (I was able to use my Ancestry login to access records but there is also a possibility of paying a small fee through the British Archives.)

World War I Military Personnel from Canada -- The National Archives in Canada also has online databases and other information about Canadians serving in WWI at http://www.collectionscanada.ca/whats-new/013-285-e.html.